Learning Outcomes and Assessment
Thank you CCSF faculty and staff for supporting the ongoing SLO effort at CCSF and getting your Spring 2013 Assessment Review reports submitted before June 1.
They're rolling in!
Thank you to the fleet of volunteers from the SLO Committee and Assessment Team who pounded the pavement and brought in a host of prizes for our June 1 drawing.
Thank you to the folks throughout San Francisco who wanted to show their support for CCSF and the SLO effort by donating to our end-of-semester SLO Prize Drawing. Here's what we kept hearing, "We have colleagues here who went to CCSF, and we really want to show our support. We love you guys! Thanks for all the hard work."
A sampling of prizes:
- Cliff House Restaurant -- gift certificate for Champagne Buffet for 2 ($100 value)
- Greens Restaurant -- $75 gift certificate
- The Sports Basement -- 3 $50 gift certificates
- Chasing Lions (Ocean Campus cafe) -- $50 gift certificate
- Noeteca (restaurant) -- 4 $25 gift certificates
- Whole Foods -- 2 $50 gift certificates
To see the full list of prizes and to submit forms, go to our reporting page.
Thank you all!
Do your bit for the accreditation process!
Of all the ACCJC standards, those related to SLOs are ones that we can all, collectively, contribute to meeting.
Since last year's ACCJC team visit, after we saw the writing on the wall in regards to SLOs, we have done an amazing job of owning this responsibility and responding with college-wide efforts. And though we have not yet met the ACCJC SLO standards, because we are at or near "proficiency" only, while the standard is "continuous quality improvement," we are not alone. The SLO standards have been a challenge for community colleges across the state, and "proficiency" was the collective step that the ACCJC insisted everyone meet by October or March 2013 (our college was in the 1/2 that had the March 15 2013 deadline).
While we still have a ways to go, our progress over the past year has been phenomenal and demonstrates our commitment to our students and our college.
Now help us demonstrate we will continue to pull this cart forward together together. Help us meet the June 1 target date for submitting online the Spring 2013 Review SLO forms.
- Note: a new username/password is required for access to these forms. This username/password cannot be created automatically. It takes a few days. So don't hesitate on that step, or you will miss our target date and the prize drawing. Review instructions and apply here.
- To get to the forms (and see a list of prizes that will be drawn on June 2), click here.
Because understanding and supporting accreditation standards needs to be a more regular part of our day to day running of the college...
Because SLOs are a significant part of those accreditation standards...
Because we've demonstrated college-wide our ability to climb steep hills to catch up on this standard...
Because some of us are much further ahead than others...
The goals for SLO assessment efforts in 2013-2014 are to:
- Continue moving toward the standard.
- Help those that are struggling and ensure that no one is left behind.
- Continue to share, through trainings and web highlights, examples of those at CCSF who have already reached the SLO goal and, in fact, set a standard for the rest of us -- those with outcomes, assessments, and regular assessment timelines and procedures that are valuable, authentic, effective, time saving, and help support the quality education we all care about.
We only reach our SLO accreditation goal when we do so together.
(Mark your calendars for an all-hands college special FLEX day -- Tuesday, September 17th -- focused on accreditation and SLOs.)
Remaining drop-in help lab hours this semester:
- Monday, May 20: 1-4 pm -- S37
- Friday, May 24: 1-4 pm -- S37
- Friday, May 31: 1-4 pm -- S37